End-of-tenancy cleaning in London and household cleaning are two different things, although they are often taken as “intertwined” and sound a little confusing to customers. Please continue reading below to learn about the nature of cleaning procedures and their most significant differences. This way, the picture will become more evident to you!
So, you can hire professionals to clean everything and every corner of your home or rental home. Get acquainted in advance with some essential features in their work because this way, you will learn critical information that will be useful to you—starting with how you should prepare the property, what price to expect, how much time, etc.
Table of Contents
What are tenant cleaning services and home cleaning services?
The essence of the services “final cleaning of a rental property” and regular cleaning is essential for each of you considering hiring a professional cleaning company in this field. The two have in common that this type of hygiene guarantees you brilliant results without effort.
And now, first of all, let’s explain the basis of each of the cleaning services:
What is an end-of-tenancy cleaning of a property?
This type of service, by its nature, is deep sanitation performed by a team of cleaning professionals. Professional cleaning companies created it to directly help tenants, landlords’ agencies, or owners. The goal is to bring a property in good condition for a smooth next lease or sale.
The specialists’ practical skills and knowledge contribute to achieving the mission – quickly and efficiently. During the end of tenancy cleaning, the most important thing is to follow the checklist prepared at the beginning of the tenants’ application. In this way, the tenant’s settlement type is achieved. Quality cleaning indicates that the tenant’s deposit will return to his hands. That is why tenants most often use the service.
What is domestic cleaning?
The other type of cleaning – domestic cleaning – can be a one-time service, an annual or different subscription. It is usually not as precise and is performed by a cleaning specialist. Includes typical hygiene duties familiar to many homemakers. These include vacuuming, washing, wiping surfaces, removing cobwebs, disinfection, etc.
Here’s what both types of home cleaning include:
- Disposable home cleaning is also known as “spring cleaning”, “cleaning before or after a party”, etc. Here, the cleaning is more precise, and the service is a bit more expensive, but you save a lot of effort and time. The cleaning company is responsible for providing detergents, machines, and additional consumables.
- Regular home cleaning – the agreement is between the property owner and the cleaning company. Regular cleaning is meant once a week or every two weeks. In this type, the household is responsible for providing cleaning materials and other equipment. The price includes only the cleaning process.
Differences between end-of-tenancy cleaning and domestic cleaning
You are sure you can’t do it as brilliantly as an experienced assistant. You have probably tried all sorts of cleaning techniques, homemade detergents, aggressive chemicals, etc., without much success. The truth is that professional equipment and cleaning products are at entirely different levels of quality. In addition, they are environmentally friendly and smell incredibly fresh.
And here come a few significant differences, covering the cleaning technology and its materials. Landlords require profound cleaning to offer their property clean and tidy for new tenants.
We can provide it for you because we go through every corner, and we know what techniques to apply to help return your deposit:
- Cleaning products – unsuccessful cleaning at home is a sign that the owner will try something. This can take a lot of time and effort and damage some surfaces. Professional cleaning at the end of the lease includes specialised machines and a variety of detergents designed for a specific type of furniture, carpets, and others that successfully remove dirt on the property.
- Carpet cleaning – very aggressive and reliable carpet cleaning techniques are used, which could not be achieved at home. It starts with a good vacuum, extracting dirt with steam or “dry cleaning” for more delicate materials.
- Get your deposit back – tenants often neglect limestone cleaning, but not professionals. Self-cleaning would be very time-consuming and often with poor results.
- Cleaning of hard-to-reach places and other places neglected by household cleaning – the eye of a specialist looks. He will not leave any corner uncleaned in the service “cleaning at the end of the rent”. Our teams can handle any pollution, no matter where it is, because we have the highest class of cleaning equipment.
- A checklist – By providing a list to employees for cleaning, the original appearance of the property’s interior is guaranteed to be achieved. Unless the tenants did too much damage and did not maintain cleanliness during their live period. Regular or periodic cleaning does not follow a checklist.
- Schedule and fees – while home cleaning involves a period, usually an hourly rate of 3 hours, cleaning at the end of the rental depends on other parameters. The time the team is on-site depends on both the client’s requirements and the coverage of the checklist. The prices for the final cleaning are fixed according to the property size and are determined in advance. The fee is higher than household cleaning, as the work is much more.
You are already aware of the differences between the two types of cleaning. You can immediately pick up the phone and hire a professional company for the appropriate cleaning type to not save all these efforts and headaches.