As you all know, everyone cleans their teeth with toothpaste, so it’s a product available in every home. But did you know there are many exciting uses for toothpaste that you may never have even dreamed of?
These ideas on how to use toothpaste are so simple and effective, and let’s face it, it isn’t the most expensive product in the world. You don’t even have to use a massive brand of toothpaste. A simple mild abrasive, a surfactant (detergent), and an antibacterial agent make toothpaste a potent stain-fighter. But try to Stick with standard paste, not a gel, as they are more effective.
Here are some ideas for cleaning with toothpaste:
- This one will change the lives of Mums and Dads everywhere. Children love to express themselves in many ways, and Drawing and making their masterpieces is one of their favourites. However, it’s not always in the places you would agree on. The crayon on your lovely beige-painted wall is probably not one of the places you Both agreed on. Crayon, being a wax, is to some extent Waterproof and can be Tough getting off without ruining the paint. Well, if you Gently dab some Toothpaste with a Damp cloth onto the Masterpiece and Gently rub, then Rinse with a Damp Cloth. You’ll be amazed to see that your child’s Artwork is gone and your wall is back to its original clean state.
- Water Rings on your Coffee table or Surface. No problem. Squeeze some Toothpaste onto the Affected area and scrub it with a Toothbrush. You may need to Rinse with a Damp Cloth and Repeat this process a few times, but once finished, you will have a free surface.
- Now this one’s accessible: Bathroom Sinks. Next time you’re Scrubbing away at your teeth, drop a blob of Toothpaste into the sink, Scrubbing it around the whole sink, then Rinse. Not only does this give it a Gleam, but it also makes the drain smell Minty Fresh.
- Toilets bleach is Normally used for this particular place, but Bleach has a strong smell and can Linger for days. So I’d suggest grabbing your usual Toilet scrubbing brush and Squeeze a Fair amount of Toothpaste onto it. Now scrub under the Rim and around the Entire Toilet Bowl. This will help Remove Limescale; it smells much better than bleach.
- Steam irons: Mineral deposits in water can stain an Iron’s Soleplate, making it look Rough, Grubby and Old. All you need to do to Restore this is Apply a blob of toothpaste and work it into the plate with a circular motion, then use a clean cloth to remove any residue—shiny, smooth, clean soleplate.
- Yellowing Piano Keys: for all you musicians out there, you will know that the piano keys can become Yellow or Colour after a while. These can be Restored simply with a Whitening Toothpaste. This time, rub each piano key gently with a damp cotton swab and a blob of toothpaste (whitening), then wipe dry and give it a Buff with a clean Cloth. The keys should be nice, and White once finished.
- Most taps are Chrome, and if you’ve noticed them getting Water Marks from Splashes and Spills, Toothpaste has the answer. Rub some onto the Chrome and Wipe away with a Damp Cloth, and you will see your Chrome Shine and Shimmer again.
- When you leave the Shower and go to Admire yourself in the Mirror, you can never see because of the Steam Misting it up. Toothpaste will act as a Defogger so that you can see. Just Smear some Toothpaste directly to the Mirror and Dry. Wipe it off. This will allow you to Admire yourself.
- Patio furniture: This one will require a Scrubbing brush and some Will power, but once you’ve Scrubbed a Mixture of Toothpaste and Water over your Furniture, you’ll be Amazed at the Results. If you have White Furniture, you can even use some Whitening Toothpaste to Restore the Whiteness.
- Jewelry: this one is a personal favourite. After being worn for many years, all jewellery can lose its shine and glitz. The access buildup of creams, skin, make-up and so on can make the piece look old and dull. Grab yourself a toothbrush and scrub the desired component with a blob of paste, rinse with some water, cleaning still if necessary, and once you have rinsed all of the bubbled paste away, you will be left with a sparkling diamond jewel, as good as new.
And last but not least, Carpet Stains, All those Expensive Carpet Cleaning products we all spend so much money on, well Stop, grab the Toothpaste, add it directly to the Stained area and Scrub with a Toothbrush, Rinse with Warm Water and Repeat you will see the Stain Disappearing before your eyes.
So now not only can you have a dazzling smile, but you can also achieve a brilliant clean around your home. There is no need for expensive cleaning products. Grab a tube of good old toothpaste and get started. See for yourself how excellent the results can be.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you need further help with your domestic cleaning or any of our cleaning services in London.