Accidental faeces, Spills and stains can happen at any time and can be caused by pets and even children. It isn’t uncommon, seeing as children like to explore and generally, during potty training, it can be a regular occurrence. Faeces can, however, be removed relatively easily by yourselves at home without needing a professional cleaning company. Professional cleaning can be costly; some are too busy, or you cannot afford to call in the professionals. This is why we’re here to help safely and promptly remove the soiling.
Here are a few steps to follow to ensure that the soiling is removed without any damage being caused:
- Before you reach for any harsh cleaning chemicals and treat the affected area, you must figure out where this soil came from. You don’t want wherever it came from to spread the faeces further. Ensure the person or animal that caused it has been cleaned up first.
- Next, using dry tissue paper, scoop up any remaining faeces from the carpet and dispose of them correctly. We advise wearing gloves to ensure you don’t get any waste onto your hands.
- Picking the carpet fibres with moist tissue paper or a baby wipe. This will help to remove as much of the faeces as possible. You may notice that this causes the waste to smear and spread. Don’t panic. This is perfectly normal and a common occurrence when removing faeces.
- Now, a fantastic product handy would be a stain and odour remover. You can use many products. There are many to choose from; however, we highly recommend you use an eco-friendly one. This ensures that it has been made with all-natural ingredients. Just be sure that it is an odour-eliminator and stain-removal product.
- Always read the instructions thoroughly on how to use the stain removal product. In most cases, you must soak the carpet in the product and leave it to sit for 5-10 minutes. However, some may need to be left on overnight. Always read the label first, especially if you require a quick fix.
- Next, using a dry towel, blot the area until the area is as dry as possible. If there are any remaining faeces, scrub the area to loosen them and remove them using a dry towel.
- This completes the cleaning process. However, if you are unsure and worried that an odour will remain, mix some laundry detergent with warm water and gently scrub the treated area using a clean towel. This will ensure that a fresh scent of your choosing is left behind. Please ensure that the area is arid before being walked on.
So this is how to safely remove Human and Pet faeces from your carpets and rugs. If you find that the stain remains, we suggest contacting a professional carpet cleaning technician. However, this is unlikely as this method has proven to be the most effective in removing faeces. Always remember to use eco-friendly products for cleaning, especially if children and pets are in the household. This is the safest way to clean around them, ensuring no harsh chemicals are released into the air, helping you to protect your family and the environment. We’ve found that eco-friendly products clean the best and leave you with the best possible results. You are proving that there is, in fact, no need for all the harsh Chemicals.
You can achieve a beautiful result with the simplest of products, not needing to find a trustworthy and professional cleaner, helping your home always be guest-ready, even in an emergency. This method of cleaning is simple and quick to complete.